• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ste1450

OpenGL/Directx 11 game dev. book from start to finish?

This topic is 2953 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend an OpenGL or DirectX 10/11 book similar to Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX by Jim Adams. Most OpenGl books reviewed on this site and the top selling OpenGL books on Amazon only cover OpenGl concepts and does not actuality build a game with you. Covering 2D game development would be a plus, but my focus would be on 3D.

[Edited by - ste1450 on August 23, 2010 2:25:32 PM]

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by void0
What about Game Coding Complete? I have not read it myself, but I hear it's good.

Edit: Oh, sorry. I was too fast there, the book might not even cover OpenGL.

It looks great, but I believe it is for Directx 9, not 11. I am having problems trying to "convert" my current book's Dx 9 code to Dx 11 code.

You should look for good reference books instead. One book for game programming and another for the 3D graphics API. Any book that mixes concepts or technologies just will not be as good, at least in my opinion.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!