• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mind in a box

My button gets mad in release mode!! D:

This topic is 2948 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry for the Thread-Title, but I couldn't resist.

So, my problem can be explained in two pictures:

Debug-Mode:

Release-Mode:

Here is the code for setting the colors and creating the brush.
I don't see why only the top of it is red...

GUI_Color1=ColorF(0.4,0.4,0.4,1);
GUI_Color2=ColorF(0.2,0.2,0.2,1);
GUI_Color3=ColorF(0.1,0.1,0.1,1);

D2D1_GRADIENT_STOP GUISstops[4];
GUISstops[0].color = ColorF(GUI_Color1.r,GUI_Color1.g,GUI_Color1.b,GUI_Color1.a);
GUISstops[0].position = 0.0f;

GUISstops[1].color = ColorF(GUI_Color2.r,GUI_Color2.g,GUI_Color2.b,GUI_Color2.a);
GUISstops[1].position = 0.5f;

GUISstops[2].color = ColorF(GUI_Color3.r,GUI_Color3.g,GUI_Color3.b,GUI_Color3.a);
GUISstops[2].position = 1.0f;

ID2D1GradientStopCollection* pGUI_S_GradientStops;
hr = D2DObjects.RenderTarget->CreateGradientStopCollection(
GUISstops,
ARRAYSIZE(GUISstops),
&pGUI_S_GradientStops
);

D2DObjects.RenderTarget->CreateLinearGradientBrush(
D2D1::LinearGradientBrushProperties(
D2D1::Point2F(100, 0),
D2D1::Point2F(100, 200)
),
D2D1::BrushProperties(),
pGUI_S_GradientStops,
&D2DObjects.GUIStyleBrush
);

pGUI_S_GradientStops->Release();

Wired... I just wanted to run it in release mode to make some screenshots for a news-posting, and now THAT! Would be great if someone can tell me how to fix this.

Advertisement

D2D1_GRADIENT_STOP GUISstops[4]; //<----- This.
GUISstops[0].color = ColorF(GUI_Color1.r,GUI_Color1.g,GUI_Color1.b,GUI_Color1.a);
GUISstops[0].position = 0.0f;

GUISstops[1].color = ColorF(GUI_Color2.r,GUI_Color2.g,GUI_Color2.b,GUI_Color2.a);
GUISstops[1].position = 0.5f;

GUISstops[2].color = ColorF(GUI_Color3.r,GUI_Color3.g,GUI_Color3.b,GUI_Color3.a);
GUISstops[2].position = 1.0f;

-I've got a problem
-I can't solve it
-I post it at gamedev
-I see the solution immediately after posting

meh.

There have been dozen of times where I've written up a post only to solve my own problem by the time I'm down writing it. Filtering information through certain language centers in the brain really does wonders [smile]

Hey! you should be happy! Now, you have two color themes!!
And I like the scrollbar skin.

Quote:

There have been dozen of times where I've written up a post only to solve my own problem by the time I'm down writing it. Filtering information through certain language centers in the brain really does wonders

Oh yes, it does! About 50% of my postings get solved by myself before I posted them [grin]

Quote:

Hey! you should be happy! Now, you have two color themes!!

Damn, I like Debug<->Release bugs where the drawing fails, but in some cool way!

Quote:

And I like the scrollbar skin.

Thanks [smile]

Quote:
Original post by mind in a box
Quote:

There have been dozen of times where I've written up a post only to solve my own problem by the time I'm down writing it. Filtering information through certain language centers in the brain really does wonders

Oh yes, it does! About 50% of my postings get solved by myself before I posted them [grin]

At work we actually have something called a 'Code Robot'. It's basically a CD/DVD storage case (shaped like a giant can of coke) with two arms made from rolled up paper and a face stuck on the front. The idea is that before you bother any one with your problem, you are supposed to explain the problem to the Code Robot, and in doing so you work out the solution yourself.

Obviously no one uses it because you look like an idiot - but it's a fun idea anyway [smile]

That's why I can solve most of my problems! I always think as if I'm talking and explaining to a person, who is shaped like a giant can of coke with two arms made from rolled up paper and a face stuck on the front.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!