• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
roglet

Blinn's papers

This topic is 2951 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First post - hopefully I don't get flamed...

I'm after two of Jim Blinn's papers:

"hyperbolic interpolation"
"w pleasure w fun"

Some papers I've been able to obtain freely online such as "the Homogeneous perspective transform". But aside from the subscription service on ACM I'm having no joy with the above papers. Google books doesn't have what I need either. I can't justify the two book prices (a trip down the graphics pipeline & notation notation notation) for just the 2 articles. Flame incoming....

Anyone able to send me them or post a link?

Much obliged!

Roglet.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by roglet
[...] Google books doesn't have what I need either.

Really? Is this not it?

http://books.google.com/books?id=Bd0Q8etqI4AC&pg=PA167&lpg=PA167&dq=%22hyperbolic+interpolation%22+blinn&source=bl&ots=Ql4UAvbF8S&sig=Wdnt_t2BIzfgOwnlW97aEjgjJeQ&hl=en&ei=I4d2TNiuCcWclgef_7TsCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CBYQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

Hi Alvaro,

Yes an no! Not all the pages are on the google books version. If I could get pages 170, 173 and 177 I'd have the entire article. Here's hoping...

Roglet.

Now that I've seen the article in part I'm even more desperate to read it in its entirety.

For those that are interested in hyperbolic interpolation aka rational linear interpolation aka perspective correct texture mapping here's a link that (for me) plugs some gaps in the 1st article of Chris Hecker's texture mapping series from the mid 90's:

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~lowkl/publications/lowk_persp_interp_techrep.pdf

I wish I could change the subject to perspective correct texture mapping to get more interest. Still, I'm after the w pleasure article too...

Roglet.

I only have the first book. Although it's rather old, I did learn a few things from it. Perhaps you should just shell out the 30 pounds.

Hi Alvaro,

As much as I'd LOVE to have the hyperbolic interpolation article - I just can't part with £30 for it. Ah well, maybe it'll roll up online sometime but I've spent hours trying to find it. Ah well...

Best,

Roglet.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!