Sign in to follow this  

Development Studio

This topic is 2668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, new to the forum here. I'm not a game developer, but i've been playing games for the past 18 years. I'm looking for a development studio to help me bring a game idea to life. I don't really know where to start so I thought this forum would be a good place.

The game would be along the same lines as "Cafe World", but with a different theme. If anyone could suggest some development studios or people to talk to it would be much appreciated. thanx in advance!

In writing this reply, I have to make a number of assumptions.
I assume you have money to pay a studio to work for you.
I also assume you have not yet figured out what to do with the game after it's been created.
As Stephen Covey said, the #2 habit of effective people is "begin with the end in mind." If you don't have the business end sorted out, don't start spending money yet.
The first thing you have to do is write a business plan. When the game has been made, what do you plan to do with it to make money from it? How are you going to do that? How much do you realistically project to make from it?
Once your business plan is solid, THEN you can start looking for developers.
No developer will want to work for you unless you have a realistic and reasonable business plan.
Somebody already pointed you to my site. Read the FAQs on starting up a company (#29) and publishing (#60) and contracts (#58) and finances (#62) for starters.
Subscribe to Game Developer magazine, the IndustryGamers daily newsletter, and become a regular reader of Gamasutra. Join the IGDA. Start going to conferences. Network like crazy, and you'll learn how to find developers. Oh, and there's Google and Wikipedia too.

This really isn't a "For Beginners" question -- it's more of a Business question. My initial thought was to tell you to post on "Help Wanted," but clearly you aren't ready to do that yet.

This topic is 2668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.