Sign in to follow this  

Python and Text Based Gaming

This topic is 2668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In terms of languages, that's probably sufficient, yeah. You may want to add CSS to the list, and knowing some javascript can be useful at times, but they're not strictly necessary.

You may also want to look into Django, a Python-based web framework. I've never used it, but frameworks like these can considerably speed up development, so I'd spend some time investigating the various options if I were you.

Having that said, many of these frameworks rely heavily on the MVC pattern. Even if you decide not to use a framework, it's still useful to think in terms of models (data), views (user interface - html) and controllers (processing user input).

The actual http interface code should be minimal anyway, so i'd go with a language which is easier to use for general (non-web) programming. That language is Python IMHO.

i see. could i program a tic tac toe type flash/java/whatever application with python? sorry i don't know much. started to get into this stuff when i was younger but stopped and now i'm trying to get serious. thinking of taking web dev classes at the local community college.

This topic is 2668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.