Where do you license music?

Started by
9 comments, last by FableFox 13 years, 6 months ago
I wonder where to license music for games?
There must be a lot of libraries out there that I haven't found.
Some tips would be wonderful.
/Stephan
Advertisement
You could visit our Help Wanted forum (or similar ones elsewhere online) and look for an available composer to create music for you.

There are also plenty of places with pre-written tracks available for licencing, which can be a good option if you're just after something simple to go in the background or are in a rush for your music. Envato's AudioJungle is one such example, as is AllMusicLibrary or NEO Sounds. I've personally used AudioJungle and been happy with it, but I'm sure any of the many other options out there are also fine. Google royalty free music to find other options.

Hope that helps! [smile]

- Jason Astle-Adams

Moved to Music and Sound.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

The best way to find out what is out there is to google "royalty free music libraries" (or something similar) then contact the companies listed that interest you. The terms and conditions can vary greatly from company to company so do you homework first before signing up.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I bought music from premiumbeat.com regularly for my flash games. IMHO they offer one of the highest quality music on the internet but the cost can be expensive for starter.

Update : For 100% free royal indie music - visit http://www.mattmcfarland.com/
Thanks for your suggestion. They are very useful. I'm going to compose my music and I will visit those links to ask for help.

[Edited by - helen82 on September 23, 2010 1:15:01 AM]
Quote:Original post by jbadams
There are also plenty of places with pre-written tracks available for licencing, which can be a good option if you're just after something simple to go in the background or are in a rush for your music. Envato's AudioJungle is one such example, as is AllMusicLibrary or NEO Sounds. I've personally used AudioJungle and been happy with it, but I'm sure any of the many other options out there are also fine. Google royalty free music to find other options.
Hope that helps! [smile]

That means that you can use one of the tracks in your commercial game once you pay for it?

Have a look at this; Bjorn Lynne's royalty-free music licensing site http://www.shockwave-sound.com.
Quote:Original post by Blodyavenger
That means that you can use one of the tracks in your commercial game once you pay for it?
Yes. Different licencing conditions will apply to different tracks (some might be pay once per project, some you can pay for once and use as often as you like, etc.), so do check the licencing terms which are available on the product pages, but all of these licences allow for commercial usage.

- Jason Astle-Adams

take a look at my website

www.themusiccollective.com
www.mediacitysound.com

We have massive libraries, and are guaranteed to work within your budget!!!
Rob Peekrobpeek@gmail.comwww.themusiccollective.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement