Sign in to follow this  

Outer-space engine

This topic is 2666 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi

I want to make an outer-space game.
Now I understand that game engines are often made for some particular type of game like indoor or outdoor.
I searched the web about information which game engines are suitable for outer-space games. But I can not find much about it.

I would like to make a game where one could fly in an space-craft from planet to planet. Preferable able to land on a planet or fly low over the surface.
So I guess the engine has to be of outdoor and outer-space type.

It is ok if this is a commercial engine (as long as it is not to expensive).

Can anybody give me some advise? Because this is all very new to me and my searches on the web didn't give me a lot of information yet.

Thanks.

I don't know the answer, but what you describe sounds like it could require a custom engine, or customization of an existing engine.

There's been quite a bit of work done on planet rendering and the type of level-of-detail control that would be required for something like this, but I don't know if this work has been codified into a publicly available engine.

But, maybe it has, and I'm just not aware of it. (I'm sure if someone does know of such an engine, they'll point you in that direction.)

This topic is 2666 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.