Sign in to follow this  

Libraries for live sound analysis and VST output

This topic is 2662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm working on a hobby concept for a multiplayer game with live music and I am wondering what code libraries to use to achieve the tech of this, so I hope you folks can give me some advice.

The concept is not very clear in my mind yet, but it is roughly going to be an online multiplayer game where the levels and opponents are generated live based on me playing cello. This is combined with procedural music. So I will need to input my cello sound and have that analysed, so that I can generate the level. And I will need to generate procedural music using VSTs (easiest since I have some nice VSTs for Cubase already). And I will need to be able to stream all of that live to as many online players as possible.

(Yes, this is incredibly complex and ambitious to build... )

I'm going to build this in C++ and I'm going to use Ogre for graphics and probably Raknet for online multiplayer.

So I am looking for one or more code libraries to give me the following features:

Cello analysis:
-frequency of current note
-volume
-begin and end event of each note
-frequencies of several notes at the same time when playing chords
-intensity of vibrato
-should work with fast arpeggios and trills

Midi input (to also be able to play keyboard instead of cello)
-notes
-MIDI events

Sound output:
-send notes to VSTs from C++
-add effects to the cello through VSTs (reverb, chorus, distortion, etc.)
-online streaming of the combined audio output (cello + VSTs)

Tech:
-should work with C++
-big plus is if this can use multicore processors efficiently, because all of the analysis and VSTs are going to eat a lot of CPU

So far I have been using FMOD and Irrklang for my game audio needs, but I doubt those will do all of the above. What libraries do you folks advice to get this working with as little low level coding from my side as possible?

Thanks in advance!

Would no one have any ideas for libraries to tackle these issues? Or, if not: would anyone know a sound programming forum where I could ask this rather complex question?

This topic is 2662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.