Space Defender, Cool XNA 2D Game

Started by
3 comments, last by unbird 13 years, 7 months ago
Hi all!
I wanna share my game with you, I think this is the right forum right?

This was my first XNA game! It’s a cool 2D Game..
Unlike most space games, this game takes place in the atmosphere! not in the outer space :)
You have to defeat the invaders as they increase in number, you’ll also come across mother ships which are more advanced enemies that will chase you and fire energy pulses at you!. Play for some time and you’ll confront the Main Mother Ship…you think you’re up to it???

You have two weapons to stop your enemies : a rail gun that will fire small rapid bullets , and a missile launcher that fires missiles causing massive damage to your enemies!

The player can choose one of three Space Ships to play the game with… each space ship has it’s special ability : Rapid Fire, Turbo Ship, Heavy Armor…and if the player beats the game twice with two different ships, The ultimate ship will be unlocked!

You can play the game with your mouse ( I like to sit back and destroy the invaders just with my mouse :D ) OR with your keyboard
Instructions on how to play the game can be found under the How To Play window in the game.

Taking the repairs box is always a good idea!! a small white repairs box will show up from time to time! take it to regain health.

You can control the speed of your ship in the game, See How To Play for more instructions

Enough Talk! Let’s Play! [smile]
Download Game Executable"

You can find more about the game structure & programming & full source code here
__________________________________________My Blog
Advertisement
Not even one comment [headshake]
Was it wrong to post my game in the Announcement section?
or it's just that my game sucks [depressed]
comments are welcome people! If there's any thing I should improve,change in the game tell me! Sharing thoughts is very useful! :)
Nice game and quite addictive :) Good to see it's open-source!

I also like your blog :D
Quote:Original post by 00chris00
Nice game and quite addictive :) Good to see it's open-source!

I also like your blog :D

Thanks for playing [smile]!
Nice. And hard. Reminds me of Space Pilot (C64) (or the arcade machine Time Pilot). Maybe the links give you some ideas [smile]. Keep it up!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement