• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

point-cloud aliasing

This topic is 2738 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

If anyone has any experience with point-based rendering, I have a quick question for you.

I'm coding for a survival horror project called Raindrop, formerly a half-life 2 mod, now on OGRE 3D. Doubt you've heard of it, but who knows ;). Anyway, right now I'm working on a unified shader that generates a point cloud of an entire mesh and casts rays through it. I end up with something along the lines of this: http://a.imageshack.us/img20/9940/screenshot5ya.png, wherein you can see aliasing artifacts around the hands as well as the face/forehead.

I can confirm that the bug comes from somewhere in a geometry shader that generates a bunch of points...it's essentially a way to cast rays into a scene using a holographic representation in an MRT, I'm able to share details on that if needed. The colors are right, fairly smooth/spatially coherent, so I'm fairly certain it's the fact that I'm not using a shader to do EWA interpolation. However, as I understand it, EWA interpolation is rather expensive; thus, it will not suit me in this case. Has anybody seen something like this before? What anti-aliasing scheme would work best here? I appreciate any insight.

Many thanks and best regards,

Kevin Daley
contact (at) raindrop-game.com

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement