Sign in to follow this  

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is invalid

This topic is 2665 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to run my game on another PC, the problem is that I installed visual c++ with all redistributables, it works but then deleted only visual c++ (all redistributables are still installed) the game throws error:

Quote:
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is invalid.

And in Event Viewer error:

Quote:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event Category: None
Event ID: 59
Date: 2010.08.29
Time: 20:29:12
User: N/A
Computer: COMPUTER_NAME
Description:
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Documents and Settings\COMPUTER_NAME\Desktop\sn\D3DX single.exe. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Tried googling, adding manifest's from project. If someone had this problem or know how to fix it, please let me know, I'm woking with it all day [depressed]. Thanks

[Edited by - Mafioso on August 30, 2010 2:23:56 AM]

Quote:
Original post by Mafioso
I'm trying to run my game on another PC, the problem is that I installed visual c++ with all redistributables, it works but then deleted only visual c++ (all redistributables are still installed) the game throws error:
Do you mean the second PC had MS Visual C++ installed and you uninstalled it and now the program no longer works? If so, are you sure you didn't distribute a Debug build?

Quote:
Original post by nobodynews
Do you mean the second PC had MS Visual C++ installed and you uninstalled it and now the program no longer works?

Yes.

Quote:
Original post by nobodynews
If so, are you sure you didn't distribute a Debug build?

I distribute Release build.

I know this problem, I got some tips on how to solve it (keyword "static linking"), but as I didn't get my programs working on any non-development PCs I switched back to gcc.

Quote:
Original post by Brainsaw
I know this problem, I got some tips on how to solve it (keyword "static linking"), but as I didn't get my programs working on any non-development PCs I switched back to gcc.

Why your programs didn't work with static linking?

I fix it! [smile] with this tutorial and changing debug mode to release, then project properties -> linker -> additional dependencies adding all librarys what you used and these default debug librarys:

Quote:

kernel32.lib
user32.lib
gdi32.lib
winspool.lib
comdlg32.lib
advapi32.lib
shell32.lib
ole32.lib
oleaut32.lib
uuid.lib
odbc32.lib
odbccp32.lib

(delete one and try releasing, if it works then you dont need what you deleted [smile] ) and then try to realease, for me it works without any redists, only D3dx9d_42.dll, because I used directx. Hope it helps, if you still have problems with it, send me pm what you don't understand and I'll try to help. Thanks Brainsaw [smile]

And dont forget to delete lines like #pragma comment (lib, "lib_name.lib")

Quote:
Original post by Mafioso
Quote:
Original post by Brainsaw

Why your programs didn't work with static linking?

After searching the web and testing stuff for about a day or two without getting it working I stopped searching and switched back. I actually like the gcc better than VC anyways ;)

This topic is 2665 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.