how make a bridge on the mesh

Started by
2 comments, last by AverageMidget 13 years, 7 months ago
Hello,

in my editor I need to add a new feature to create a bridge between two mesh points. I try to do it with a commercial software
and this is the result:

link to bridge image

In the commercial software I specified two points on the two side of the mesh (P1, P2) and after a bridge is created.

I think the software use curvature information or do a sort of interpolation.
Have you some idea where to start, what are the parameters needed to do interpolation?

Thanks in advance.

Ale.
Advertisement
Not exactly sure what you mean by a "bridge", but you might want to look into splines / Bézier curves (easily adaptable to surfaces too, in case a "bridge" is a surface and not just a curve).
Well, it can be anything. Maybe it's just two Hermite curves with "rungs" between them.

Most commercial software packages (Polyworks, Geomagics, etc.) use the term "Hole fill", and you'll probably have much better luck finding your answer on Google, using that term.

Here's a PDF that I found when I used the search term polygon hole fill algorithm in Google.

EDIT:
Maybe I assumed wrong. Are you talking about creating a polygon "bridge" (as I assumed), or are you just looking to create a curve-on-surface "bridge"?

[Edited by - AverageMidget on August 31, 2010 11:43:10 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement