Computer Graphics Project

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 13 years, 7 months ago
I'm a graduate student wanting to focus on computer graphics. I am in the Introduction to Computer Graphics course and am starting to think about the semester project. I'm wanting to do something that will take a couple of months but that I can use as a look what I did on interviews/resume.

At this point I have no idea what would impress a potential employer since I have little knowledge of computer graphics right now and everything I'm learning impresses me.

I'm wanting to see if anyone on this board has any good ideas of what would make a good computer graphics project?

I've thought about doing water simulation in some way, but I don't know if that is too easy or not.

The whole point of the project is to learn something that you didn't learn in class and being challenging on the computer graphics side of the project. So a 2D game probably wouldn't be a good choice and in some instances a 3d one wouldn't either.

Oh yeah, I don't know if this information should play into the equation but the type of jobs that I'm attracted to the most and hope to land when I graduate have to do with creating graphics tools for computer animation studios. I would love to work for a place like Pixar or Dreamworks basically.

Thanks to all that reply
Advertisement
Removed
Quote:Original post by kjgreen
At this point I have no idea what would impress a potential employer ...
I'm wanting to see if anyone on this board has any good ideas of what would make a good computer graphics project?

I'm closing this thread for several reasons:
1. "What would impress a potential employer" is wrong-headed thinking. It's YOUR life. YOUR career. Do something that impresses YOU. If you try to live life impressing hypothetical strangers, you are going to have an unhappy life.
2. This board is about breaking into the VIDEO GAME industry. If you want to work for an animation company or something, and you want the opinions of video game artists and aspiring game artists, post on the Visual Arts board.
3. Most importantly: It's bad form to ask for help with school projects. The whole idea of a school project is that it's YOUR ideas, YOUR talents, YOUR creativity that you're showing off. "Help me with my school project" posts are discouraged, frowned upon, on all the forums on this site.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement