Is Games Programming a good job to have in the UK at the moment?

Started by
5 comments, last by yaustar 13 years, 7 months ago
What i mean is are there a lot of jobs out there for up and coming programmers or is it running low.
Advertisement
I suggest you make a list of UK game companies. Go to the website of each of them, most game companies have a page for job offers. You can see if they have any job you like.

assainator
"What? It disintegrated. By definition, it cannot be fixed." - Gru - Dispicable me

"Dude, the world is only limited by your imagination" - Me

Sorry. I didn't word my question very well. What i meant is, the games programming industry big in the UK. thanks anyway assainator
It really depends on where you want to work. If you are flexible with location and are willing to move to an industry hot spot, then you'll probably find the job you are looking for. Your skill set and education will obviously make the difference though.

Try looking at companies in Guildford, London and Brighton etc.

I'd sign up to gamesindustry.biz and take a look at the companies listed there (it's a UK focused site - pretty much).

The UK games industry is quite large and one of the most successful. Games like LittleBigPlanet, Grand Theft Auto, Burnout, Fable, PGR and Split/Second where made in the UK. Plus you'll find lots of established studios like EA, Sony, Codemasters, Rockstar, Lionhead and more.
Thanks for the help and just keep the thread running
Quote:Original post by xxDAFFOxx
Thanks for the help and just keep the thread running

We'll keep it running in Breaking In.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

How many is 'a lot'? There are graduate jobs kicking, not as many as a few years ago though.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement