Sign in to follow this  

Java Applet Data Suggestion

This topic is 2662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Maybe I should post this thread in the for begginers section but this is what I am wondering.

I am developing a browser game which uses Java for the "main" game, where you act.
(fight), and the other parts of it are in php.
I need a way to get the result of the fight on the server so that I can handle the details into the user's account.

Two are the possible solutions from what I have found on the web. Storing the data on a temporary file on the server, or java sql.

I haven't used java sql before, and would prefer the file solution but it seems more difficult to do.

What would you suggest?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english. They are not my native language.

There is a third option. Your applet can connect to a php page, perhaps POSTing the results. I don't see why a creating a server side file would be necessary, just INSERT the data directly in the PHP if you need to.

Java SQL sounds like a terrible idea, I hope you're not talking about making connections to the database server from the client - that is a massive security hole!

@rip-off: Thank you for your answer. It helped me get to the soloution by searching on your answer. Although it wasn't your answer. It seems to be pretty logical and common thought but it happens to be difficult to code.

So I what I used was redirecting manualy to a url through the applet (a php file) which uses a GET to get the information. (encoded ofcourse!)

This topic is 2662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.