Sign in to follow this  

skinned mesh and translation

This topic is 2659 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello.
I created a project on skinned meshes, now the problem is that I want execute the animation but without moving from where I put it(the skinned mesh).
I have to remove the translation component from the animation?
how?
But after the bones are not translated To more ?
thanks.

Sounds like you have non-treadmill animations that include translation in at least one of their keyframes (likely the scene root bone or Bip01 bone).

Also sounds like you would like to make the animations into "Treadmill" style animations (as if the actor was walking on a treadmill).

What you can do is look at the translation vector for the first couple keyframes of the first couple of bones in the skeletal hierarchy. If you can identify the offending bones, you can just zero out the translation.

If you just zero out all the translation vectors in *ALL* keyframes across *ALL* bones, you might also get the desired result, but it might break "good" translations inserted by artists for visual reasons (i.e. a frog's tongue bone translating out to catch a fly).

Good luck!

This topic is 2659 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.