[Solved]ATI card not rendering using hardware vertex proc.

Started by
4 comments, last by fkhan 13 years, 7 months ago
I am writing a model viewer to view COllada models. The viewer renders fine on Nvidia cards but ATI cards render a blank screen. This is fixed if I switch to software vertex processing. I have checked the device caps and it does support hardware vertex processing.

[Edited by - fkhan on September 6, 2010 12:26:53 AM]
Advertisement
Not enough information to help.

Did you try turning on the debug runtimes? It's in the DirectX Control Panel.
No exceptions are being thrown and all unhandled exceptions are being caught via an event handler. The scene just renders blank on ATI cards. I tried using windows xp Device class instead of DeviceEx but still showing a blank screen. Even the device state returns S_OK so it is not that the device is being lost. The scene renders properly when using SoftwareVertexProcessing. I am unsure what to look for but I'll turn on debug runtimes.
My psychic powers tell me that you're using a ps_3_0 pixel shader with a vs_2_0 vertex shader, or vice versa. If I'm right, I want a cookie. :P
You were very close! but I decided to go a notch more. Actually I was asking directx to use PS 3.0 with a VS 1.1! try making that work!

I had an inkling that the two shader profiles might conflict when I was testing but if Nvidia can make them jive so should ATI :)

Here is a compatibility chart for shader profiles I found useful

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb509626%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement