• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Narf the Mouse

Tell me about online Git storage

This topic is 3000 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using Git for version control and I'm liking it. Now, I'm thinking about shelling out for some online storage.

So, two questions: How does online version control work and which one do you prefer and why?

Advertisement
I use github, which also offers unlimited public repositories -- which is free and no hassle, so feel free to give it a whirl. My experience with it has been that it's solid, shiny, and fairly streamlined. It has cheat sheets that show up when you've created a project as well, guiding you through setting things up. Once setup, I mostly use git push and git pull. Documentation is available via git <command> --help and google.

Quote:
Original post by MaulingMonkey
I use github, which also offers unlimited public repositories -- which is free and no hassle, so feel free to give it a whirl. My experience with it has been that it's solid, shiny, and fairly streamlined. It has cheat sheets that show up when you've created a project as well, guiding you through setting things up. Once setup, I mostly use git push and git pull. Documentation is available via git <command> --help and google.

Thanks - Do they offer private storage, too? I probably should have specified, but that's what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Original post by Narf the Mouse
Quote:
Original post by MaulingMonkey

Thanks - Do they offer private storage, too? I probably should have specified, but that's what I'm looking for.

Yes. Did you try clicking the big blue button in the middle of the page saying "Plans, Pricing, and Signup"? [lol]

(And yes, I'm currently making use of private repos)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!