The Retro Renaissance Game Development Challenge!

Started by
64 comments, last by scgrn 13 years, 6 months ago
The modern element for mine is the 3d part. It's basically a rip off of Fez. I've been waiting for that game but they keep on working on it. Fez forever :)

It's a very interesting mechanic but also needs very careful level design. You end up blocking a view too easy.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Advertisement
Wow that look great! cant wait to try it, I got to pick up my development speed to try to keep up looks like you got something really nice there, I like how it looks like your still playing a Commodor 64 but one that was made like 10 years ago that could handle 3D graphics. Nice job!
Cool, I'm in!
My current project : Dungeon Eye. An eye of the Beholder II clone.

[Edited by - iliak on October 7, 2010 8:28:30 AM]
- Iliak -
[ ArcEngine: An open source .Net gaming framework ]
[ Dungeon Eye: An open source remake of Eye of the Beholder II ]
Wow, those screenshots look seriously amazing!

My game is a Bomberman clone, but with cats (o__0), and the modern element is going to be screen shader effects (think red screen with FPS games).
I don't have any art to share; still using placeholder graphics but the artist working with me has a few sprites. However, the game has a working loading, menu, and selection screen.
The map is kind of working. However, I realise I still have a lot of work to go.
Speaking of retro games, has anyone seen the 8-bit city maps? I think these are hilarious.

http://8bitcity.com/map?New%20York

[Edited by - jpetrie on September 21, 2010 5:24:43 PM]
Before it's too late, the perfect sound effect tool for this challenge: DrPetter's sfxr.

You can get it from here.

In other news I'm progressing fine. I've just got most of the menu, control binding and other settings stuff done, since that's eating lots of time and better done before the deadline looms.

Hope to see lots of fine entries!

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Quote:Original post by Endurion
Before it's too late, the perfect sound effect tool for this challenge: DrPetter's sfxr.

You can get it from here.

In other news I'm progressing fine. I've just got most of the menu, control binding and other settings stuff done, since that's eating lots of time and better done before the deadline looms.

Hope to see lots of fine entries!

Cool tool Endurion, and the guys website is pretty cool as well Thanks++!, yea I hope to see some fine entries too especially mines!, iama see how far i get in the next 3 days and see what if anything will i have to cut off from the features set to hand something in.
My entry is coming along well, although I'm starting to feel the deadline looming. I'm doing a vertical space shooter and the modern element is an online high score system.

I'll post a screenshot soon...
Yea same here man, Iam doing my first alpha test this weekend, so hopefully it will all go well and I have new screenshots to post

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement