The Retro Renaissance Game Development Challenge!

Started by
64 comments, last by scgrn 13 years, 6 months ago
Probably not, but I enjoy a good challenge. Thanks.
Advertisement
Submission information has been posted on the original post all the way on the bottom under Submission information.
Hurray, I tried to submit but my email was rejected as being too large (probably due to music).

Edit: Changed the link to a fixed version, the first had a crash bug. If you happened to get that one, sorry, please download the new one!

I've uploaded the game to my own webspace, you can get the game here and a screen shot here.

Sadly it's rather short but I hope the latter few stages are somewhat challenging.

My Gamedev.net account number should be 27795.

The game is a FEZ ripoff. Find all diamonds in a stage to activate the teleport.
Enter the teleport to get to the next stage.

Rotate the world to advance. Use the action key to read signs, talk to old men,
pickup and put down items, unlock doors (when carrying a key). Be careful not to
fall too far.

I've used music from the TIGsource Assembly competition, namely from Jorge Boscan
and Tristan Douglas Smith. Sound effects were generated with DrPetters sfxr.

Have fun and let me know of any bugs/criticisms!

[Edited by - Endurion on October 5, 2010 1:59:22 AM]

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Oh I didnt think the gmail file cap was gonna be an issue for most entries but now Iam shown to be obviously wrong. The ftp was giving me a little bit of a headache, but Iama give it another shot today when i come back from work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cool looking stuff by the way I wish i could give it a try now, but Iam actually on my way to work :-(, oh and I meant to write account name not account number. It was just so I could identify who's entry it was since the email might not necessarily be the same as someones GD account name.
I'd have a little addon in another tutorial stage. Would that be ok or is the first submitted entry to be the one?

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

You can submit as many times as you want until wednesday Ill just take whichever is latest, I set up the FTP but i cant log in myself, Iam worried that my provider might be blocking that port, since iam not SUPPOSE to host ftp's not to sure if they can actually do that tho. But once i figure it out which should be today you can wait so you can upload via FTP.
Ah thanks :)

That makes me a happy panda, since I just found an initialisation bug that made the game crash everywhere but my PC.

The new file moved to here. I've also modified the link in the earlier post.

Wow, good job Endurion!!

I'm using the grace period to fix a few bugs (of which there are many).
Here's a screenshot:

Looks nifty :)

I realize I should've made a download available earlier, quite a few really stupid bugs have shown up.

Won't be able to finish it on time, as I already somewhat expected.

The physics (Box2D) work and the table design is okay, but to add stuff like a menu, sound and basic game play rules would take too much time. I still like what I have accomplished in a little over two days.

Well done to everyone who did meet the deadline! [smile]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement