The Retro Renaissance Game Development Challenge!

Started by
64 comments, last by scgrn 13 years, 6 months ago
Cool looking stuff guys, remember you have until the END of tonight to submit, so you still got a few hours to spare!
Advertisement
Is my submission ok like this? Since I can't send it via email.

The latest version should show "V1.2" in the bottom right corner of the menu screen.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Hello fellow participants please excuse the delayed response as I went on an impromptu trip for the extended weekend. As for the results of the contest I would first like to thank everyone who gave an effort to participate sadly tho there was only one submitted entry which was endurions (I couldn't finish my own entry in time either) so unless someone actually submitted something to the wrong email. This makes his entry the winner, I highly suggest anyone interested gives his game a try I personally found it fun and interesting not to mention pretty cool looking! With that said, unless aim told some else actually submitted an entry and for whatever reason I didn't get it I will be emailing endurion with prize details.

Thanks again to all the participants!, as for my entry even tho I didn't get to finish on time iam actually still working on it and hope to release it just for fun in the near future. Thank you for making this experience enjoyable and getting my game programming gears rotating again after a while of being unused.
Hello fellow participants please excuse the delayed response as I went on an impromptu trip for the extended weekend. As for the results of the contest I would first like to thank everyone who gave an effort to participate sadly tho there was only one submitted entry which was endurions (I couldn't finish my own entry in time either) so unless someone actually submitted something to the wrong email. This makes his entry the winner, I highly suggest anyone interested gives his game a try I personally found it fun and interesting not to mention pretty cool looking! With that said, unless aim told some else actually submitted an entry and for whatever reason I didn't get it I will be emailing endurion with prize details.

Thanks again to all the participants!, as for my entry even tho I didn't get to finish on time iam actually still working on it and hope to release it just for fun in the near future. Thank you for making this experience enjoyable and getting my game programming gears rotating again after a while of being unused.
Neat :) And also sad, I would've hoped to play a few more entries. Anything Zelda can only be good. Also the other screenshots looked promising; I hope we get to see the entries anywhow!

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

So... I squashed all of my bugs and had the game in a playable state for the deadline, but couldn't bear releasing it with all the features I had to cut out. I decided to not submit it and later release the game as it was meant to be.

It sounds like a cop-out, I know, but as long as we all had fun in the spirit of competition, it was time well spent. A Good Thing. Here's another screenie:

Congrats again to Endurion! You'll definitely be seeing my entry. Cheers everyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement