Quadruple Precision Floating-Point Library

Started by
3 comments, last by Emergent 12 years, 8 months ago
I've written emulation for quadruple precision floats (IEEE-754-2008 binary128) in C++ and inline assembler, with a managed wrapper (for .Net languages). I understand the usefulness for this is very narrow, but wanted to share it anyway.

The reason I made this (for my own use) is that it has enough precision to represent each micrometer of the width of our observable universe. I've also included Log, Ln, Exp, Pow, Sin, Cos, Tan, ASin, ACos, ATan, ATan2, Ceiling, Floor, Round, Truncate, and Fraction. It also has Pi and E to full quadruple precision.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/qpfloat/
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Im not sure about the universe. -- Albert Einstein
Advertisement
This is excellent. I'm always looking for large precision libraries to try out.

I kid you not... the project I'm working on involves a 3-sphere of radius 1e25 metres. I'm sure you can guess what that would be. ;)
New 0.5b version on SourceForge, including bug fixes, and new Min and Max functions. Pretty near to calling it stable.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Im not sure about the universe. -- Albert Einstein

This is excellent. I'm always looking for large precision libraries to try out.

I kid you not... the project I'm working on involves a 3-sphere of radius 1e25 metres. I'm sure you can guess what that would be. ;)

Hmmm... I don't know... one tenth of the observable universe? :)

It's an elaborate yo momma joke.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement