Sign in to follow this  

Setting up OpenGL and GLUT on windows with visual c++ 2010

This topic is 2633 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey i'm new here, and i hope this question hasn't been asked a hundred times.

While i'm not a complete beginner to programming, i am new to using API"s and have no experience what so ever with them. I want to set up OpenGL and GLUT with visual C++ express 2010 so i can start hitting up some tutorials.

My issue is that all the tutorials and guides i find that step me through setting it up are out of date and i run into problems with the 2010 visual express.

Would someone be able to post a link to a thread or tutorial that has been written recently that would help me get it set up?

Well the basics of setting up OpenGL in VC++ 2010 should be no different than 2008.

http://www.mrmoen.com/2008/03/30/opengl-with-visual-c-express-edition/

Maybe a few differences in where things are located at for how you go about it, but the idea is the same, #include various opengl headers, and a few libs.

BTW I would recommend you get GLEW ASAP to do all the nasty loading for the current OpenGL features. Coding all the functions pointers gets OLD quick.

HTH!

This topic is 2633 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.