Making Own GUI Skin.

Started by
4 comments, last by rombust 13 years, 6 months ago
Hi!
I want to know how to make custom GUI Skin. My requirement is to set an image to a scrollbar slider area, scroll bar buttons and the scrollbar slider. But there is no setImage() function in the scrollbar class. How to do this? Can any body point me in the wright direction in making a GUI Skin? I'm using Irrlicht Engine and C++.
Advertisement
I'm not familiar with Irrlicht particularly, but a common approach for custom controls is to subclass the control and implement the drawing yourself. Googling for "subclassing controls" will likely give you more information.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

I don't use Irrlicht either, but if it doesn't support what you want you could always try another gui creator. I know CEGUI is very skinnable and it has hooks that work with irrlicht engine, so you could drop that right in and create your own skinned UI on top of irrlicht. Google image search can give you some idea of what you can create with it.
[size=2]My Projects:
[size=2]Portfolio Map for Android - Free Visual Portfolio Tracker
[size=2]Electron Flux for Android - Free Puzzle/Logic Game
Again I don't know Irrlicht, but it "may" be possible to connect it to clanGUI http://clanlib.org/wiki/Examples#GUI_examples .Probably too much work though
Hi!
Actually I tried to integrate CEGUI with Irrlicht. But failed. Is there any tutorials(step by step procedures) to integrate Irrlicht with Clanlib?
Sorry, looking at the API, it won't be that simple

Maybe in time someone will create an Irrlicht display target for Clanlib

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement