Sign in to follow this  
jagguy2

web games in flash or flex

I want to make 2D games with many levels, collisions explosions etc. I have made some with Silverlight (few thousand lines of code ) but Silverlight became difficult with more complex games.

I dont know whether to use Flex/Flash for actionscript games. I have been told one is better than the other and I dont need to make my own graphics or use the keyframes as I just want actionscript.

What is easiest to use?

Quote:
Original post by jagguy2
...but Silverlight became difficult with more complex games.

Why do you think that? I've used both Silverlight and Flash and I thought they were both similar in difficulty regarding more complex games. Just curious about your experience.

Any way to address your post: Have you checked out Flash Game Dojo? Just click the 'Get Started' button to check out what the site offers. Basically, they advocate using either Flixel or the Flash Punk 2D game libraries in conjunction with FlashDevelop -- a free IDE. That way it's easy... just write code in the FlashDevelop IDE in Actionscript, and build the flash game. Really pretty simple and enjoyable to work with, IMO.

I have flashbuilder trial and just want the regular way to make games without extra 3rd party libraries for now.
Also loading images is done how in actionscript because I have seen a few ways.

SIlverlight...lets not start on this! I have made many games in silverlight but farseer physics for user controls and no 3D support and collisions ?. I need flash