overhead fantasy sprites

Started by
0 comments, last by Ashaman73 13 years, 6 months ago
Anyone tell me where i can get some overhead 2d fantasy character sprites. The overhead variety where I can just rotate it to face the direction I want and it appears to be facing that direction. So it is like an image from directly above the character.

most of the stuff i find uses a separate looking sprite for the 4 or 8 directions that it faces and this isnt what i want.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by ncsu121978
Anyone tell me where i can get some overhead 2d fantasy character sprites. The overhead variety where I can just rotate it to face the direction I want and it appears to be facing that direction. So it is like an image from directly above the character.

most of the stuff i find uses a separate looking sprite for the 4 or 8 directions that it faces and this isnt what i want.

Sorry, I can't direct you directly to overhead fanatsy sprites, but here's a sugguestion to create your own:

Take a look at ryzom, a mmorpg which makes their art asset available under a CC license. Then use some modelling tool like blender to import and render them to a overhead camera. Once you have a camera setup and workflow to import ryzom media, it sould be quite fast to create your own overhead sprites.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement