Sign in to follow this  
need4code

Info on 'Bullet Physics

Hey guys!
i m totally new to bullet physics engine!
i m currently doing a project, on making a small game of shooting, with the help of OpenGL
but this frnd of mine suggested me to involve bullet physics engine in it,

however in my report i failed to include bullet, coz i lack the knowledge of 'how to use it', so i decided the current project to do only with OpenGL, and the next one with 'bullet physics'

for this, i need help of u guys, pliz gimme some tutorial based on using bullet physics engine!!!

'NEHE tutorials' for OpenGL is F-Awesome!!!! loved it! [;)]
i need similar tutorial for bullet!

What have you tried so far? Have you run your question through google yet?

"Bullet physics tutorial"

While I'm at it, have you tried running your post through a spellchecker? Have some courtesy and compose your question as best you can before asking it.

Have a specific question in mind, discussion topics are fine, but try and narrow down your problems from "I don't know X, teach me" to something more specific, "I was trying to implement X with method Y but I am having problems with concept Z, does anyone have any suggestions on how I should approach this issue?"

Maybe trying here: http://bulletphysics.org/Bullet/phpBB3/ would be a better place to start.

Aiight, i got the manual, got cmake, installed it, got visual studio, installed the visual c++ from it,

Now, i downloaded a demo code from net, copied and pasted in my visual c++ to check if i'll get the similar results (if i did, it means installation of all the stuff that i need for this proj is done~) else something is missing!

so i compiled and executed the demo code,
it gives me error says "Error Executing cl.exe"

whacha think!?
:(

cl.exe is the Visual Studio compiler so there is something amiss in your VS install. If reinstalling VS doesn't help, lots of other people have had this problem so some research may solve the issue.

We don't have enough information to offer anything more constructive than that I'm afraid.

i did some research on net,
they said cl.exe file might not be present in the bin directory of VB6
i checked it out, it was there!

they said if it was there, add it to 'executable directory' in tools tab in VB6, and i checked it out it was already there!

some others mentioned the solution of editing some stuff in regedit, but i found out my reg. conditions were already the same as that they mentioned it to change to!!

yet the error continues to show its tiny butt on my screen!!!

No one in my college(except one frnd)knows abt this Bullet engine, so that i can consult someone, not even lecturers of Computer science dept. Isn't that absurd!?
[That frnd of mine told me all he knew, and i guess it was just not enough!!!]

Therefore, ANY SLIGHTEST OF HELP would be highly appreciated from my side [^_^]

The missing cl.exe thing shouldn't be happening, and has nothing to do with Bullet.

First off, download bullet, and navigate to the msvc/2008 folder and open up the demo projects and try to compile/run them.

Secondly, if that still gives the cl.exe error: just uninstall Visual Studio, and reinstall it. There is no point in messing around with when a fresh install should "just work".

Finally, once you get it all compiling, pop open the project for "BasicDemo". It contains all the code you need to get Bullet setup for some basic interaction. From there, you can experiment with other interactions on the btRigidBody, like applyImpulse() to send them flying, and using ray checks for shooting projectiles. After that, open up the CharacterDemo project to see how to setup a basic player character that can walk around and interact with the phsyics world. Learn how the ghost object works, and you can use them for collision querries for your explosions and such.