Sign in to follow this  
lucky6969b

How to examine Yahoo source code

Are there any software that can load in the yahoo website source code and can differentiate between keywords, css, html tags and stuff like that. Because I am a newbie in web development, want to look at how real world web sites work. So any help,please?
Thanks
Jack

In Firefox: Right click on the page. Click "View Page Source".

This is, however, a TERRIBLE way to learn how to do web programming. Check out this tutorial to get started. Do not start with huge corporate websites, most of them are a mish-mash combination of dynamically generated templates and content. Not a good starting point to learn how to make similar websites.

A better bet could be to use IE and hit F12 to bring up the developer tools or use Opera and right-click something on the page and select Inspect Element. I agree that it's not a good way to learn about web development, though.

Quote:
Original post by benryves
A better bet could be to use IE and hit F12 to bring up the developer tools or use Opera and right-click something on the page and select Inspect Element. I agree that it's not a good way to learn about web development, though.

Or get Firebug for Firefox, or Chrome, which has dev tools built-in.