How to examine Yahoo source code

Started by
2 comments, last by theOcelot 13 years, 6 months ago
Are there any software that can load in the yahoo website source code and can differentiate between keywords, css, html tags and stuff like that. Because I am a newbie in web development, want to look at how real world web sites work. So any help,please?
Thanks
Jack
Advertisement
In Firefox: Right click on the page. Click "View Page Source".

This is, however, a TERRIBLE way to learn how to do web programming. Check out this tutorial to get started. Do not start with huge corporate websites, most of them are a mish-mash combination of dynamically generated templates and content. Not a good starting point to learn how to make similar websites.
_______________________"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk
A better bet could be to use IE and hit F12 to bring up the developer tools or use Opera and right-click something on the page and select Inspect Element. I agree that it's not a good way to learn about web development, though.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves
A better bet could be to use IE and hit F12 to bring up the developer tools or use Opera and right-click something on the page and select Inspect Element. I agree that it's not a good way to learn about web development, though.

Or get Firebug for Firefox, or Chrome, which has dev tools built-in.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement