Space Chunks II BETA

Started by
24 comments, last by EggRogue 13 years, 4 months ago
Hi All,

Space Chunks II !!!

http://www.crunchyfrog.com.au/spacechunks2

Engage in awesome space battles in this fast paced action arcade game.

Looking for feedback!

Screenshots:

montage1.jpg

montage2.jpg

http://www.crunchyfrog.com.au/spacechunks2
Advertisement
Wow! That's a great game!! I hope I can eventually create something like that!
I have a few simple games working myself but they are totally amateurish compared to yours. Way to go!
Just curious. Did you create this game entirely yourself? How long did that take?
Looks pretty good.

I just downloaded, my biggest critique would be that the controls are slightly difficult at first. You get use to it though. Have you thought about adding some sort of controller support, such as an xbox controller?

I like the momentum created by the music though, it's a nice touch. :)
Quote:Original post by fun2code
Wow! That's a great game!! I hope I can eventually create something like that!
I have a few simple games working myself but they are totally amateurish compared to yours. Way to go!
Just curious. Did you create this game entirely yourself? How long did that take?

Hi,

Thank you! I'm really glad you like it :)

Yes I did indeed create this game entirely myself!

It's taken me three years.... but that's because of the limited spare time I have. There have been many periods of months when I haven't been able to work on the game at all. If I had been able to work full-time on it, maybe three months? Not entirely sure how many hours have gone into it.

I use Visual C++ 6.0 with HGE graphics engine.

Are demos of your games available?

Quote:Original post by zorocke
Looks pretty good.

I just downloaded, my biggest critique would be that the controls are slightly difficult at first. You get use to it though. Have you thought about adding some sort of controller support, such as an xbox controller?

I like the momentum created by the music though, it's a nice touch. :)

Hi,

I must admit I hadn't thought of controller support... but now I will look into it!

Glad you like the music :) Just recently composed a new track for a new end of stage boss, have really gone all out trying to make that high energy danger and excitement vibe! :)

Very cool, good work!
Looks real nice!

Is there a video available so I can get a taste of the game play without actual installing it (yet)?
Quote:Original post by Spearhawk
Very cool, good work!

Thank you Spearhawk!
Quote:Original post by Wan
Looks real nice!

Is there a video available so I can get a taste of the game play without actual installing it (yet)?

Hi Wan,

Unfortunately no, there is no video currently. There is however a zip file download option if you are concerned about running an unknown setup executable.

Good work indeed, congrats. Looks very polished, haven't found any glitches so far. Runs smooth even on 1920x1080 resolution (NV 8500 GT).

But I have to admit: This sort of game almost screams for game-pad or joystick support. That would be really nice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement