how to make iphone apps with windows pc

Started by
11 comments, last by sefiroths 13 years, 6 months ago
Hello everyone, I try basic information ...
I searched around a lot about it, but I'm in trouble ...
I have a Windows PC and I want to create iPhone applications.
I read that you should install iDeneb or VMware and virtualize mac os ...
what is the best? (and tutorials on how to do ...)
after installing the operating system tools that I download to program?
there is a java or similar?
thanks
Advertisement
The only way to create iPhone apps on windows is using Flash CS5
There is another way that I have done. It's actually pretty simple to do, you just do some setup in windows, then put a "hacked" Mac os disc in and you now have both operating systems. I'v forgotten what it's called, but I'll try to find it and post again tomorrow. By the way, this is what I have been using for a few months and I haven't had any problems yet creating IPhone apps, although I am a beginner and haven't actually paid the developer fee yet.
afaik using mac os on a vmware on anything other than a mac is not legal.
there is only objective c and browser games (flash, html, ..).
java does not work on the iphone.
You can use the free Airplay iphone license and develop and deploy from your pc.
Quote:Original post by TTK-Bandit
afaik using mac os on a vmware on anything other than a mac is not legal.
there is only objective c and browser games (flash, html, ..).
java does not work on the iphone.

In that case, I'll start saving up for a Mac, although I don't see much of a problem with it. You could code it anywhere and finish it on a friends Mac, but oh well.
Just get a Mac Mini, they're like < $500. I've developed iPhone apps before, hacking away for a Mac is not as easy as it looks. You can create apps on a hacked machine but you just can't put them up on the iTunes store.

You can only make iPhone apps through XCode with objective-c and the Cocoa Touch API, no exceptions. You can't chose your own language or platform. You might be able to do it with flash cs5 but last I checked, that was cancelled. My sources might be wrong though. Apple is very anal with how and what you use to make their apps. After dealing with them for over 2 years, I just went ahead and publish my apps through their standards and methods.
Quote:Original post by unfateful
Just get a Mac Mini, they're like < $500. I've developed iPhone apps before, hacking away for a Mac is not as easy as it looks. You can create apps on a hacked machine but you just can't put them up on the iTunes store.

Acually, they have made significant progress with hacking Mac os for pc. My method is called iAtkos. I'm sure a few googles will find the tutorials to set up, but as was previously mentioned, it is illegal. As for putting the app in the AppStore, you could find someone else with a Mac and borrow it for a day.
Quote:Original post by unfateful
You can only make iPhone apps through XCode with objective-c and the Cocoa Touch API, no exceptions. You can't chose your own language or platform. You might be able to do it with flash cs5 but last I checked, that was cancelled. My sources might be wrong though. Apple is very anal with how and what you use to make their apps. After dealing with them for over 2 years, I just went ahead and publish my apps through their standards and methods.

your sources are not wrong, but outdated. they now let other platforms create apps.

cs5 should be back available soon
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

what about DragonFireSDK?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement