DnD rest party formula

Started by
3 comments, last by ravengangrel 13 years, 6 months ago
I'm currently making a clone of Eye of the beholder II called Dungeon Eye. I'm looking for a rest algorythm (when the party is sleeping, they mages/clerics can heal team members, clerics / mages can gain new spells...).

If you have any idea, it would be great :)
- Iliak -
[ ArcEngine: An open source .Net gaming framework ]
[ Dungeon Eye: An open source remake of Eye of the Beholder II ]
Advertisement
I played the series and also some earlier games like pool of radiance and such, and if i remember correctly the game asked the player if he wants the clerics to heal party. The clerics would use their current healing spells and gained them again after resting, it also used spare spell slots to memorize healing spells if any are available. I guess the algorithm should take into account which spells have the highest time to HP ratio but thats about as sophisticated i think it could get.
Quote:Original post by iliak
I'm currently making a clone of Eye of the beholder II called Dungeon Eye.

Sorry for the Off-Topic, but this seems pretty neat!
I'd love to help with a project like this. It says it's open-source but I can't find the source code, is it available yet?
You can have a look at the SVN for the full source code.

What kind of help could you make ?
- Iliak -
[ ArcEngine: An open source .Net gaming framework ]
[ Dungeon Eye: An open source remake of Eye of the Beholder II ]
Thank you very much.

About how can I help... I have several years programming experience (mostly in c++ and vb6) altohugh not in games. I have seen the source is in C#. I have some experience too, but I'm not really proficient (and I have only used vs2005 (i.e. C#2.0/.NET 2.0).

Programming aside, I can write quite correctly in english and perfectly in spanish, in case you want some translations. I have seen some things in french around there; I can barely read french, not enough to be useful I'd say.

I knew the AD&D2 system quite well, although must of it is forgotten by now, but should be easy to refresh :-)

I don't really mind writing documentation.

All this said, I don't have as much spare time as I would like.
If you have any small task I can begin with, I'll do my best.

About your question, in the original game after the magic users began gaining spells, you couldn't be disturbed by monsters. So there was no fear about being caught in an attack without spells. So they could memorize ALL healing spells (all needed, anyway) and when the party is healed, regain the original ones. This is what the original game did, IIRC. I think it shouldn't be hard to compute if it's better (in terms of time) to change all the spells for healing ones, or use just the ones already selected, depending on how hurt the party is.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement