A Great Big Pat on the Back

Started by
3 comments, last by Liam M 13 years, 6 months ago
Hey guys,

This thread is rather irrelevant (moderators, I have no objection to closing or deleting this thread), but I thought I'd just drop a note on here as a thanks to the moderators and people who maintain and keep this site going, as well as all the highly intelligent people who keep the technical forums at such a high standard. I've yet to find another community run by people so dedicated to transparent moderation and high quality discussion, and who have done so to such an incredible extent for so many years.

Having been interested in software development for a good 11, 12 years now (and employed as such for the past 5) and having had a GameDev forum account for 7 of those, I can confidently say I consider gamedev.net one of, if not the best source for software development discussion and other related topics on the Internet.

I'd suggest that anyone such as myself, who owe this website and the people who maintain it in some way for their continued income and/or development as a professional and/or person, seriously consider contributing with their wallet. Servers don't run on dreams and starlight.

Anyway, thanks for all the years of great reading, and I hope there are many, many more to come.

Edit: I just noticed that there is a sticky regarding donations and GDNet+, but I'm pushing this thread out there to give the subject a bit more exposure (I see it's been inactive for a few months), as well as express my own gratitude.

[Edited by - Liam M on October 2, 2010 4:47:00 AM]
Advertisement

EDIT: Sorry. I'm just not a nice person. ;)
Quote:Original post by PouyaCat

EDIT: Sorry. I'm just not a nice person. ;)

Oh no, it's totally warranted. This is a particularly ass-kissey (although in my defense, naively honest) thread. And as for the top, I'm sure I'd have to post a lot more often to get there. Nah, I'll leave internet fame to the professionals.

[Edited by - Liam M on October 2, 2010 4:48:15 AM]

My assessment is as follows:

More Like This
Quote:Original post by Programmer One

My assessment is as follows:

More Like This

Flattery: Flattery (also called adulation or blandishment) is the act of giving excessive compliments, generally for the purpose of ingratiating oneself with the subject.

or...

Flattery: excessive or insincere praise.

Given that I have:

1. nothing to gain from praising this site or the people who run it, and

2. my praise was sincere, given my experience here and elsewhere,

I'd suggest your assessment is incorrect.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement