Weird Shader Error

Started by
1 comment, last by Shael 13 years, 6 months ago
I just recently moved over to using CgFX and I'm trying to get my old HLSL shaders that worked with the DX FX framework to work but one of the shaders is giving me some strange output after I close the program.

Quote:
Direct3D9: VS->PS Linker: X1031: (Warning) Current pixel shader declares input texture coordinate t0.xyz. However the current vertex shader doesn't output texcoord0 at all.
Direct3D9: VS->PS Linker: X1031: (Warning) Current pixel shader declares input texture coordinate t1.xyz. However the current vertex shader doesn't output texcoord1 at all.
Direct3D9: VS->PS Linker: X1031: (Warning) Current pixel shader declares input texture coordinate t2.xyz. However the current vertex shader doesn't output texcoord2 at all.
Direct3D9: VS->PS Linker: X1031: (Warning) Current pixel shader declares input texture coordinate t3.xyz. However the current vertex shader doesn't output texcoord3 at all.
Direct3D9: VS->PS Linker: X1031: (Warning) Current pixel shader declares input texture coordinate t4.xy. However the current vertex shader doesn't output texcoord4 at all.
Direct3D9: VS->PS Linker: X1031: (Warning) Current pixel shader declares input texture coordinate t5.xyz. However the current vertex shader doesn't output texcoord5 at all.

If I change to compiling using shader model 3 instead of 2 I get this error instead:
Quote:
D3D9 Helper: IDirect3DDevice9::DrawIndexedPrimitive failed: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :ps_3_0 shader can only be used with vs_3_0+ shader (SWVP or HWVP), or transformed vertices

There are no compile errors. I've tried to google the same error but there isn't a lot of mention about this error. It's almost as if the vertex program isn't being run or something. Has anyone come across this before?
Advertisement
Quote:
ps_3_0 shader can only be used with vs_3_0+ shader

what shader profile is the vertex and pixel shader compiled with?
Like I said, I tried compiling with vs/ps_3_0 and vs/ps_2_0 they both give errors I posted above.

EDIT: I solved it. For some reason my manual checking of errors wasn't catching any compiles errors. After using cgSetErrorHandler it gave me some compiles errors which are now resolved and the problem has gone away.

[Edited by - Shael on October 2, 2010 7:24:14 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement