[SlimDX] Image generate with Compute Shader 5.0 is black

Started by
2 comments, last by Pulsar79 13 years, 5 months ago
When I render many Compute Shaders the application stop and Windows give me a message: "The controller of screen stop answering and recover correctly, Kernel driver...".

Why? I use Direct3D 11 with SlimDX June 2010. It is more stable the compiler of ComputeShader in Direct3D 10?

When I "Dispatch" a compute shader and I use the UAV texture of this as input of other compute shader (as SRV), when I concatenate 3 or 4 compute shader, the texture UAV generate is black. Why? It is for memory? Order of assignations?? Help me please. I need to finish a project that use it.

Nothing has experimented this issue?

There is few documentation over CS5.0 and I don´t know if I'am using well the Compute Shaders.

There is a basic rules?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Sounds like you might be hitting a TDR as described here Though your message seems to be just a touch different.

Your problem is not related to the HLSL compiler -- and using the June SDK is your best bet since it has many bug fixes over previous releases.

GPU debugging is still fairly difficult. You may have to review the UAV in between each shader, and possibly debug the output individually. Use the UAV, or several UAV's to retrieve debug information from the shader and map it back to the CPU in order to look it over.

NVIDIA just launched an update to their GPU debugging tool set that includes support for debugging direct compute applications. I think you'd need two video cards on the local machine and one of them would have to be an NVIDIA part. Otherwise you're still stuck debugging the issue independently.
Hello. If I modify the code, it seems that now they go better calculate them shader. But I have some doubts still.

In wich order is the best to execute the Compute Shader?

How is better order these lines of code?

device.ImmediateContext.ComputeShader.SetConstantBuffer(BufferParameters, 0)
device.ImmediateContext.ComputeShader.SetShaderResource(InputTexture, 0)
device.ImmediateContext.ComputeShader.SetUnorderedAccessView(computeResult, 0)

device.ImmediateContext.ComputeShader.Set(compute1)
device.ImmediateContext.Dispatch(800, 600, 1)

device.ImmediateContext.ComputeShader.SetUnorderedAccessView(Nothing, 0)
device.ImmediateContext.ComputeShader.SetShaderResource(Nothing, 0)
device.ImmediateContext.ComputeShader.Set(Nothing)

The function "ImmediateContext.Dispatch" is a synchronous or asynchronous function?

If I call often to the function MapSubresource/UnmapSubresource can I have problems?

Thank you very much.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Eureka!!!!!!

I do it!!!

The device is removed because the ConstantBuffer is bad created. It must multiple of 16!!!

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=502039

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=585627

There is other thing that must multiple of "x"???

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement