Good 3D Modelling Tool?

Started by
6 comments, last by steviedisco 13 years, 6 months ago
hi there,

I need a 3D modelling tool for making some assets for my project. I have time so I'm willing to learn it carefully.
I don't need powerfull high-poly models, instead I want low-poly simple eyecandy graphics. My idea is very close to those pics:

pokemon-black-white-screenshots.png

Thanks folks :)

[Edited by - b3y0nd3r on October 10, 2010 10:15:27 AM]
Advertisement
Hy!
For poly modelling:

free:
Blender, K-3D

commercial:
Lightwave3D (very good for poly modelling), Maya or 3DSMax
Thanks! I think I'll take a look on Blender :)
Keep in mind for blender it's in kind of a transitional phase right now. The 2.49 version on the release page is being replaced by a completely new 2.5x version, which has a totally different (& improved) interface.

The 2.5 version is currently in beta and pretty stable from what I've been playing with. I would start with that if you're interested in just learning for now, otherwise you'll be learning an outdated version.
[size=2]My Projects:
[size=2]Portfolio Map for Android - Free Visual Portfolio Tracker
[size=2]Electron Flux for Android - Free Puzzle/Logic Game
Thanks for the pointing.

I was about to start the 600 pages manual "Blender: Noob to Pro", but I rather wait until it is updated.
For low poly stuff, MilkShape3D is very easy to work with. Blender's 2.5x beta has been promising as well.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
i heard good things about SILO (nevercenter.com), and from what i seen (their tutorial videos) it's pretty awesome for it's price. so awesome some well known artist are modelling in it and use other high end software to do the texturing (unless you plan to paint on 2d uv textures).

i'm too busy right now to install their 30 day demo, but like i say, from their tutorial videos, they know what they are doing.

i'm sure it answer you question, 3d modelling tool.

hey, while we are on the topic, does anyone know of cheap 3d painting tools?

I mean, other than Maxon's Body Paint 3D, as I already know about that one.
I second Silo, but also recommend Softimage XSI for complicated operations.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement