• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
c-mos

CMemoryException

This topic is 2811 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,

I do surface extraction with marching tetrahedron algorithm. The algorithm works so far. To speed up, the volume has been partionized into octree like structure.
According to the set iso value I have more or less cells that are visible. I distribute those visible cells to my threads. I save the extracted triangles in
a struture and save this struct in a stl::vector. Each thread has it's own vector
so there is no need of sync. If the volume is large, then I get a CMemoryException at almost the end of the extraction process. The exception is raised when I call the push_back method. The same procedure works if I use a smaller volume. And with large volume it also works, If I don't use multiple threads. I don't understand why this happens. Each thread has it's own vector
to save the extracted triangles. I didn't run out of RAM. For large volume the
algorithm needs approx. 1GB of RAM.

any ideas ?

regards,
c-mos

Advertisement
std::vector will never throw an exception of type "CMemoryException," so whatever is throwing it is somewhere else.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!