• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mww

Procedural texture - parchment paper?

This topic is 2813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I'm looking to create a parchment paper texture. It might be used on small physical devices (phones) or larger devices (tablets). In the tablet case, I will have a lot of space to fill and did not want to do this by tiling a single source texture.

I checked out jtexgen which creates procedural textures, and is pretty much exactly what I'm looking to do:
http://www.andygibson.net/blog/news/jtexgen-procedural-texture-library-released/

I'm new to procedural textures so my plan was to tweak some of those classes by trial and error until I start to get something that looks like parchment paper. Since there are many variables, this is probably not going to be a very productive start.

Wanted to post here to see if anyone has experience making procedural textures and can give any pointers, or if anyone has specifically made a parchment-paper-like procedural texture before,

Thanks

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!