[Solved] Rendering Model On Top

Started by
3 comments, last by karwosts 13 years, 6 months ago
I'm trying to render a model over top of every other model, in sense I'm trying to create a move tool. I draw out all my models using the DrawPrimitives method, then using the same method draw out the lines for the x,y and z. I'm trying to use SetRenderTarget to overlap the models, I'm not sure if this is the right method to use, I'm having difficulty finding anything related to this. Am I on the right track or just completely off, I've been messing around with this function with no luck so far.

[Edited by - TheSkyline13 on October 11, 2010 12:13:52 PM]
Advertisement
What API?

If you've rendered everything else and you just have to render one last model, can you just clear the z-buffer and then draw it?
[size=2]My Projects:
[size=2]Portfolio Map for Android - Free Visual Portfolio Tracker
[size=2]Electron Flux for Android - Free Puzzle/Logic Game
That's exactly what I was looking for thanks.
On at least OpenGL you can also just disable the depth test which would be quicker (maybe).
Quote:Original post by empirical2
On at least OpenGL you can also just disable the depth test which would be quicker (maybe).

That won't necessarily work if the model isn't designed for it, otherwise the model itself won't have any depth testing (back of the model might be drawn over the front of it, eyeballs in the back of the head, that sort of thing)
[size=2]My Projects:
[size=2]Portfolio Map for Android - Free Visual Portfolio Tracker
[size=2]Electron Flux for Android - Free Puzzle/Logic Game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement