Sign in to follow this  
deltaKshatriya

Networking in Java

deltaKshatriya    2210
I've been searching on google for networking libraries in Java, but have little to no experience in networking, and do not know where to start. What I need to do is query a database for particular information (like a user's experience points) and be able to edit that info as well. Would anyone know what a good networking library is?

Cromulent    398
Quote:
Original post by kryotech
I've been searching on google for networking libraries in Java, but have little to no experience in networking, and do not know where to start. What I need to do is query a database for particular information (like a user's experience points) and be able to edit that info as well. Would anyone know what a good networking library is?

You don't need networking for that, just download the latest JDBC driver for your chosen database (preferably JDBC 4) and then use the JDBC stuff.

Cromulent    398
Quote:
Original post by kryotech
Ok, so just use the JDBC? Let's say I use Oracle for my database, it has a JDBC driver?

A quick Google search will answer that question for you. But yes it does. As does every other major (and most minor) databases out there.