problem running compiled d3d app in virtual box

Started by
6 comments, last by Anddos 13 years, 6 months ago
when i go to run my compiled d3d app in virtual box , i get this error
missing d3dx9d_42.dll , reinstalling this application will fix this problem ?

i have installed the latest dx runtime library installer from ms site..
can anyone help ?
:)
Advertisement
d3dx9d_42.dll is a debug DLL, you need to link against d3dx9.lib instead of d3dx9d.lib when making a release build.
ive fixed that , now i have another error

MSVCP100.dll was not found
You need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package when you deploy a VC2010 application.
awsome thanks alot , ive learned a few things :)
something really strange is happening now, like the mouse sensitivty seems sensitive but when i run it on this pc , its normal etc..like it spins like mad to small mouse movement on the vbox for some reason..
also there a big fps drop , like if its running on my pc its like 1500 fps but if it running on the virtual box, its like 200 fps milliseonds per frame has also change to like 4 times as much, so i think this is messing up the camera rotation , how would i fix this?

pritty sure it has something todo with this
__int64 currTimeStamp = 0;
QueryPerformanceCounter((LARGE_INTEGER*)&currTimeStamp);
float dt = (currTimeStamp - prevTimeStamp)*secsPerCnt;

[Edited by - Anddos on October 12, 2010 10:02:25 AM]
1500 fps to 200 fps is a small change. It's less than 5ms overhead per frame. Considering that VirtualBox implements D3D on top of OpenGL using WineD3D you should expect some overhead, in addition to running in a VM which has an overhead by itself.

In your code, if secsPerCnt is some value based on QueryPerformanceFrequency then I think it should work.

You can check if the frame rate affects your code on the native PC by forcibly reducing frame rate (using Sleep for example).
Quote:like the mouse sensitivty seems sensitive

What are you using for mouse input? DirectInput flips out when doing mouse input over remote desktop, its possible that the same thing happens in a virtual pc.

(Though you shouldn't be using DirectInput for mouse input anyway)

Jeff
I am not sure if its the mouse flipping out or the calculating the frames is messing it up , il give adding Sleep ago but how would i not make sleep affect it if its running on this pc?,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement