• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
iliak

OpenGL Texture issue

This topic is 2801 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here's my OpenGL problem.
On a GeForce 8800 GTS (Driver version : 8.17.12.5896 on x64) and on Quadro Fx570M (Driver version : 8.17.12.5896 on x86) my game output is :
>

On the *same* computer, with a GeForce GTX 460 (Driver version : 8.17.12.5896 on x64), here's the output :

Here's some debug output for each config:
OpenGL informations :
Version : 3.0.0
Shading Language Version : 1.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Forward compatible mode

Everything is rendered as GL_TRIANGLES in the VBO. For more information about my SpriteBatch, have a look here

I don't have any clue about this issue... I bought a new GTX460 to replace my "old" 8800GTS on my Windows 7 x64 computer, and now I got this bug...
At first sight, it seems to be a texture issue (HorizontalWrap or VerticalWrap parameter), but I tried several values, no solutions...

Advertisement
I have a report that under a GTX260, no problem...

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 :
Driver name : nvoglv64
Driver version : 8.17.11.9621
Driver date : 1-11-2010

No mipmap used... I tried with and with out, no changes....

Even for full 3d mesh, like the tunnel effect below :

but this time, you can see the mesh, it shouldn't...

Damn that first screen gives me such nostalgia for those oldschool Sierra Dragonlance games.

Do you get that same effect on a perfect square?

If a certain GPU isn't processing floating point values predictably (which is what it looks like maybe) I can't even imagine that kind of headache. For all my messing around with OpenGL I've never looked at multiple cards (yet)...

Have you entertained the possibility you just have a defective piece of hardware? Have you tried running other games on it to see if there are problems? That certainly seems bizarre.

Quote:
Original post by karwosts
Have you entertained the possibility you just have a defective piece of hardware? Have you tried running other games on it to see if there are problems? That certainly seems bizarre.

On Dx games, no problems, but on other OpenGL demos, I have the same effects...
I'll try to change it this week end...

I tried the latest OpenGL beta driver, and no changes ;(

PolygonSmooth was activated and as I draws each sprite as two separate triangles, each triangle was smoothed...

Solution found, but the question is still pending, why thoses glitches were not apparent with the old card and apparent with the new one... ?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!