Sign in to follow this  
jor1980

dds textures with transparency looks like horizontal lines

Hi, i hace made a little tool to import textures to a game, it works ok with the textures that has not transparency info but the ones who has transparency info in game looks like if the texture is displayed in horizontal lines some of them without the image.

I have used SlimDX to convert the textures to Dds, Anyone knows what could Be happened?

The original textures of the game are dds, and my program imports over it the new textures in the format you want because it converts the new texture to dds using slimdx.

I have try importing the new texture in png and dds and with both i have the same bug.

It only happpens when i import over textures that originally has transparency, here is a screenshot of how looks a badge imported by me

Imagen guardada en Mundoimg.com

Here is the code that i use to convert the textures to the format of the original texture?Could be the problem in the code?

/*gets the info of the texture dropped and transform the texture*/
SlimDX.Direct3D9.Texture inputText = SlimDX.Direct3D9.Texture.FromFile(myDevice, importedTextureName);

SlimDX.Direct3D9.Texture output = new SlimDX.Direct3D9.Texture(myDevice,(int)infoTexturaOriginal.width,(int)infoTexturaOriginal.height, 1,
SlimDX.Direct3D9.Usage.None,formatoImagen, SlimDX.Direct3D9.Pool.SystemMemory);

SlimDX.Direct3D9.Surface dest = output.GetSurfaceLevel(0);

SlimDX.Direct3D9.Surface orig = inputText.GetSurfaceLevel(0);

SlimDX.Direct3D9.Surface.FromSurface(dest, orig, SlimDX.Direct3D9.Filter.Point, 0);

[Edited by - jor1980 on October 14, 2010 12:00:48 PM]