Sign in to follow this  
n1rium

Making .dat files for allegro

n1rium    122
Hello!

I've read about .dat files and its advantage when including them to your projects. When I read how to actually create a .dat file it always tells me to "compile allegro" and then I will recieve a dat.exe in the tools folder. Now I'm very confused about this since I've installed MINGW and downloaded all include/lib/bin files that Allegro needs and linked them in Code::Blocks. In other words I'm programming games and compiling them. So what exactly does "compile allegro" mean? How do I do this. I just want the dat.exe so that I can make .dat files to store my resources. Perhaps there's another way?

I'm deeply sorry if this is a stupid question, but I feel very confused and I do hope you'll help me.

cheers

~N1rium.

n1rium    122
Thanks for the quick reply.

I do have read about grabber but looked to narrow to even realize that it was a downloadable application on it's own. I still thought you had to do this compiling to recieve the grabber utility.. As if it was embedded inside. Man I can't describe how glad I am. Thank you, I'll post if there's any more problems.

~N1rium.