graphics library accessible via 64-bit DLL

Started by
1 comment, last by mvBarracuda 13 years, 6 months ago
Hi All,

I am doing a bit of tinkering in my spare time, trying to build some sort of game.

So, what I am looking for is a 2D graphics/sound library that can be used to create a window and blit to it.

My biggest challenge is the development environment I am using requires the library to be a 64-bit DLL. (For those curious, I am trying to use LabVIEW www.ni.com/labview to create the game, and its a bit lacking in graphics and sound. The code is all written graphically, with wires replacing variables.)

Does anyone have any links to places I can download 64-bit DLLs.

Note: I have searched hide, wide, far and further still for 64-bit versions of SDL, but cannot find any other than the most basic SDL.DLL and none of the other (ie SDL_image etc).

Any help would be most appreciated. I have tried to post on the SDL forum but they dont want to let me make any posts :-(

Thanks.
Advertisement
Perhaps you can download source code to the libraries and compile them by yourself as 64-bit versions.

There are many open-source libraries which make this possible.
I've just recently built SDL 1.2.14 from source, although as 32bit version. But I'm sure that the code actually builds fine as x64 as well. You should give it a shot.

Building from source is pretty much the best and easiest option in these cases :-)
-----PARPG - open source isometric 2d old school RPG still looking for interested contributors

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement