• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jor1980

Compressed file hex(10 FB)

This topic is 2809 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. i need to decompress a file but i don´t know what kind of compression it has.

it is a dds texture, and opening the file in hexaeditor the first to bytes are:
10 FB

Someone recognize what´s kind of compression files starts with 10 FB in Hexaeditor?

Advertisement
Do you have the DirectX SDK installed? Just run the DirectX Texture Tool, which can load any DDS file, and show you what's in it...

Quote:
Original post by jor1980
Hi. i need to decompress a file but i don´t know what kind of compression it has.

10 FB

Someone recognize what´s kind of compression files starts with 10 FB in Hexaeditor?

0x10FB was used as a compression id for some EA games using DBPF, the exact location of those 2 bytes varied between games though.

in Sims3 the first 2 bytes should be 0xFB and 0x10 where 0x10 is the compressiontype used (can also be 0x40 or 0x80), all 3 compressiontypes use the same algorithm and you can find a decent explaination of the format at: http://sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:DBPF/Compression

It is possible that its some completely unrelated format in your case though: (normal DDS files should start with 0x20534444) , It would probably help alot if you could say where the file came from.

Quote:
Original post by SimonForsman
Quote:
Original post by jor1980

10 FB

0x10FB was used as a compression id for some EA games using DBPF, the exact location of those 2 bytes varied between games though.

in Sims3 the first 2 bytes should be 0xFB and 0x10 where 0x10 is the compressiontype used (can also be 0x40 or 0x80), all 3 compressiontypes use the same algorithm and you can find a decent explaination of the format at: http://sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:DBPF/Compression

It is possible that its some completely unrelated format in your case though: (normal DDS files should start with 0x20534444) , It would probably help alot if you could say where the file came from.

Hi the file is from an ea game so i am almost sure you must be right, i am going to have a look to that link.Do you know if are there any .net dll with the algorithm?

Thank´s s lot

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!