Sign in to follow this  
jor1980

Compressed file hex(10 FB)

jor1980    152
Hi. i need to decompress a file but i don´t know what kind of compression it has.

it is a dds texture, and opening the file in hexaeditor the first to bytes are:
10 FB

Someone recognize what´s kind of compression files starts with 10 FB in Hexaeditor?

SimonForsman    7642
Quote:
Original post by jor1980
Hi. i need to decompress a file but i don´t know what kind of compression it has.

10 FB

Someone recognize what´s kind of compression files starts with 10 FB in Hexaeditor?

0x10FB was used as a compression id for some EA games using DBPF, the exact location of those 2 bytes varied between games though.

in Sims3 the first 2 bytes should be 0xFB and 0x10 where 0x10 is the compressiontype used (can also be 0x40 or 0x80), all 3 compressiontypes use the same algorithm and you can find a decent explaination of the format at: http://sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:DBPF/Compression

It is possible that its some completely unrelated format in your case though: (normal DDS files should start with 0x20534444) , It would probably help alot if you could say where the file came from.

jor1980    152
Quote:
Original post by SimonForsman
Quote:
Original post by jor1980

10 FB

0x10FB was used as a compression id for some EA games using DBPF, the exact location of those 2 bytes varied between games though.

in Sims3 the first 2 bytes should be 0xFB and 0x10 where 0x10 is the compressiontype used (can also be 0x40 or 0x80), all 3 compressiontypes use the same algorithm and you can find a decent explaination of the format at: http://sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:DBPF/Compression

It is possible that its some completely unrelated format in your case though: (normal DDS files should start with 0x20534444) , It would probably help alot if you could say where the file came from.

Hi the file is from an ea game so i am almost sure you must be right, i am going to have a look to that link.Do you know if are there any .net dll with the algorithm?

Thank´s s lot