Animation Sampling..

Started by
1 comment, last by rahulpawar 13 years, 6 months ago
hi,
i m rahul, i m new bee to game development trying to put together a working demo to put in my resume. please help me.

Currently, i m in process of making a custom format exporter from 3d max using maxscript(i know other options max SDK/ X-porters/ IGame interfaces But).

i have been so far successful in implementing various phases of exporter like mesh-data, rigging, bones, skin, lights, camera, materials,etc.

i could not figure out just how to sample given range of animation frames and how to use "animation sampling rate(ASR)" in the process.

for e.g. if i have an animation in 3d max of a rigged character from frame 0 to 80, now how to sample this animation for ASR=30 (if frame rate 30fps & if for 3d max 1sec -> 4800ticks something i found somwhere in X file Documentation). i want to reduce no. of keys and don't want to simply export only keyframes in order to get more smooth animation then that which results from only keyframes.
Advertisement
You probably want to slerp between keyframes. Google for "animation slerp" or similar.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

aare i know how to interpolate. i have query related to how to reduce no. of key while exporting from 3d max.

suppose there is walk animation from frame 0 to frame 80 then there are will be 80 keys to export.

i want to reduce the no. of key exported based on a user defined animation sampling rate while the animation is being exported from 3d max.

this is raw data preparation prior any game engine comes to picture.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement