Sign in to follow this  
Relfos

Separate blend states for render targets, how?

Is there any way to have separate blend states in different render buffers?
I'm implementing a deferred system with partial support for transparency. It works now, but it requires that I output the current alpha in gl_FragData[0] and 1.0 in all gl_FragData of all other MRTs alpha channels.

I've been searching on google for an extension that would allow to have separate blend modes for each render target, so I could enable blending just on target 0, and all others wouldnt have blending (so I can use those unused alpha channels for something). I could not find this extension, I found something about separate blend_ext or something like that, that allowed different blend modes for each channel (but not for each target, I think)

Quote:
I've been searching on google for an extension that would allow to have separate blend modes for each render target, so I could enable blending just on target 0, and all others wouldnt have blending.

I think that functionality is available in http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/EXT/draw_buffers2.txt, and is also available opengl 3.0 and above.