• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

SlimDX fail to show Texture of 40MB to dispay

This topic is 2651 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,

I am using DirectX9 of(SlimDX) and I used 40MB texture to get 3D effect, Now issue is that that 3D effect is not visible on couple of system who have graphics card of "256MB ATI Radeon (TM) HD 3450" and operating system is Windows XP, application working smoothly with OS Server 2008 + nVdia card.

I read some where about Radeon that "he performance of the card can be suited for modest casual gamers. Demanding games like Crysis run only with very low details and resolution."

Does it really issue?

Advertisement
The texture I applied to have 3D Look of item is perfectly visible on NVIDIA card system when 3D look mode is enable but same mode would not showing effect on workstation which have card "256MB ATI Radeon (TM) HD 3450"

So what function fails then? Is the texture loaded successfully? Are you using effects, pixel shaders or vertex shaders, or just rendering a textured quad / triangle?

I have vertex buffer and index buffer to render item in triangleList mode and i have to apply 3d effect over that so i created huge texture file(text + bmp) according to parameter I am loading portion of texture to have effect.

I used Vertex Declaration also matrix + effect.

and i used to render :

D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitives(PrimitiveType.TriangleList, 0, 0, VertexList.Count(), 0,
IndexList.Count/3);

You still haven't answer Evil Steve's question... what is failing? Have you tried debugging the app whether using your IDE or PIX and see what is failing? When you say 3D effect are you talking about stereoscopic rendering?

Quote:
Original post by ptlchetan
...so i created huge texture file(text + bmp)
How huge?

Quote:
according to parameter I am loading portion of texture to have effect.
Can we see the code for this? How large is this portion?

The feature failing is on endures workstation so I didn't get any chance to debug in that installed application. so i just collect information about graphics card and OS.

Is there any debugger or utility for DirectX9(SlimDX) that shows the function failing for application that is running on end user?

I can debug it on my system due to source code but issue not rising on development machine. can you tell me how can i debug the end user system functionality failure? please if you have any suggestion then let me know I would appreciate yr idea.

Quote:
Is there any debugger or utility for DirectX9(SlimDX) that shows the function failing for application that is running on end user?

I can debug it on my system due to source code but issue not rising on development machine. can you tell me how can i debug the end user system functionality failure? please if you have any suggestion then let me know I would appreciate yr idea.
You should be checking all of the important functions for failure, by checking return values or catching exceptions. When a function fails, you can examine the return value / exception and find out what the problem is, then you can abort, or log the error and continue.

It's impossible for us to tell you what might be failing without knowing what functions you're calling, and what parameters you're passing to them.
What are the dimensions of the texture? What format is the texture being loaded as?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement