• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Help me some fliys

This topic is 2743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi
When i complied with vc++6.0,i get a had problem,follow..

Linking...
InputKeyboard.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectInputCreateW@16
Debug/myGame.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

i was very puzzled! i get the "dinput.lib","dxguid.lib","d3d9.h","dinput.h"

who can help me,it didn't work...

my english is poor,hope this infomation is enough.

Advertisement
When I googled (you, too, can google - it's not that difficult), per Microsoft:
Quote:
This function is no longer supported as of Windows CE .NET version 4.2.

EDIT: In general, when you run into a problem like this, you will save yourself a lot of time if you first take a look at the SDK documentation. If you need further help, try a google or a yahoo search. If you still can't find an answer or need further clarification, then post to gamdev.

thanks for Buckeye,
I know that function "DirectInputCreate" not support in window XP before read documention for DirectX SDK.I use DirectInput8Create() like the document said. but my "dinput.h" not define 'DirectInput8Create()' and not define IDD_DirectInput8 ... I'm tried...

hope you can understand my mind.

Quote:
"dinput.h" not define 'DirectInput8Create()' and not define IDD_DirectInput8 ... I'm tried...

Did you just try to use DirectInput8Create in your code, or did you actually look in the header file dinput.h for "DirectInput8Create"? Is the header version for dinput.h "0x0800"?

If you actually looked in the header file and it's not there, it sounds like your headers and libraries are mixed up.

Just for info, do you have dinput8.lib in your library directory? If not, you should probably update your SDK.

As another comment, you may want to avoid using DirectInput altogether and just use the Windows window procedure for input.

Quote:
Original post by Wiliam
When i complied with vc++6.0,i get a had problem
The 1990's called and asked for their compiler back.

Why on earth are you using VC 6.0? It's absolutely terrible by today's standards, and the DirectX SDK hasn't supported it since December 2004 I believe - which may well be the source of your error if you're using a DirectX SDK from the last 6 years.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement